Limited Time Avengers Vault & Legendary Store (12/8/17)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

For a limited time only, we will be running a special Avengers-themed Vault and Legendary Store. Check out all the details below!

Start: December 8th, 2017
End: December 11th, 2017

Avengers & Friends Vault
  • Contents (80 items)
    • 1x Avengers Assemble Token
    • 1x Wasp
    • 2x random 4-Star
    • 3x Steve Roger (Super Soldier)
    • 19x random 3-Star
    • 10x Thor (Marvel NOW!)
    • 44x random 2-Star
  • Pricing
    • 1x: 400 Hero Points (100 Daily Deal)
    • 10x: 3,600 Hero Points (2,800 Daily Deal)
    • 40x: 14,000 Hero Points (9,800 Daily Deal)
    • Reset Vault: 400 Hero Points
Avengers Assemble Legendary Store
  • 5-Star (15%)
    • Black Widow (Natasha Romanoff)
    • Hawkeye (Clint Barton)
    • Iron Man (Mark XLVI)
  • 4-Star (85%)
    • 12 Latest 4-Stars at 3x Odds

Comments

• InfectiousYawn
    InfectiousYawn Posts: 72 Match Maker
    @Brigby
    Would you please confirm whether the only way to get a chance at pulling a cover in the Avengers Assemble legendary store is by getting the single token in the Avengers and Friends vault?  There is no option to purchase a cover in the legendary store with CP or any other in-game currency/resources.

It seems like a mistake/bug to operate the way it is currently.  I could surely use a couple of Hawkeye covers!  This current setup will make chances of that impossible for me.
  • Brigby
    @InfectiousYawn Yes. The only way to pull from the Avengers Assemble store is by obtaining the token from the Avengers and Friends vault.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2017
    This is obviously a cash grab to get people to buy out the Avengers Assemble store multiple times at a "Chance" at getting a 5* cover you need or a 5* in general since you might just end up with a 4* after all the HP wasted. It's like your playing the odds twice. Not good. It would of been nice if the tokens also could of been obtainable in events or more than one in the vault. Even if the Avengers Assemble store would of let you at least buy them with CP as well then it would not feel like such a let down. Good luck all of you on your Avengers and Friends vault escapades. 
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    "Have you been chasing me your whole life, only to fail now? I think that's the worst thing I've ever heard."
  • Steve111
    Steve111 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Another pointless exercise, can't decide if it's worst that 1:533 chance of getting a Thor in the Sakaar vault
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    broll said:
    Brigby said:
    @InfectiousYawn Yes. The only way to pull from the Avengers Assemble store is by obtaining the token from the Avengers and Friends vault.
    Thumbs down #AvengersVaultStinks
    Glad the hashtag is picking up steam.  It’s just not a good deal.  The 250cp heroes for hire deal to get the specific classic 5* cover is muuuuuch better way to spend resources.  And with the bonus of not being subject to the fickle whims of RnG.

#AvengersVaultStinks
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    @Brigby Will there be any other way of getting vault tokens?  Or is it just Hero Points only?
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Sakaar: 1:533 for any 5.  1:1600 for thor
    avengers 1:560 for any 5 1:1680 for specific avenger

If you need hawkeye, im46, natasha, wait til they are featured in a release store again.  
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Worst. Tokens. Ever.
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    This would have made sense id the token had a 100% 5 star chance
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Strange and not in the Doctor sense.

• Brigby
    pheregas said:
    Brigby Will there be any other way of getting vault tokens?  Or is it just Hero Points only?
    As of this moment, I am only aware of the token being available in the Avengers vault.
  • irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    Exactly what was being smoked when this decision was made?  I would like some.

• ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    Sakaar: 1:533 for any 5.  1:1600 for thor
    avengers 1:560 for any 5 1:1680 for specific avenger

If you need hawkeye, im46, natasha, wait til they are featured in a release store again.  
    Odds are the same between the two. The store page saying ~1:7 should really be 3/20.

Those are still very long odds either way, of course.
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    That's a lot of buy-in for a modest shot.

I could understand a modest buy-in for a modest shot, but for this? Even if I *were* a whale, I'd look at that and go "uh, better risk/reward elsewhere".

As a nowhere near a whale, I don't get who the target audience for this setup is. Even looking at it through my PD hat.